Funding for constituted not-for-profit organisations that are within five miles of an operating Veolia site in England.
Veolia Environmental Trust offers grants of between £10,000 and £75,000 for capital improvement projects at a single site with discrete start and end dates. Match funding of at least 20% is required, and applicants requesting grants of £40,000 or more require a Third Party Contribution.
Projects should fall under one of the following categories:
- Community buildings and rooms, including community centres, village halls, community spaces within religious buildings, and Scout or Girl Guiding buildings.
- Outdoor Spaces, including public parks, nature reserves, community gardens, footpaths, bridleways and cycle-paths.
- Play and recreation, including play areas, skateparks, Multi Use Games Areas, sports grounds, pavilions and changing rooms.
To be eligible, projects must:
- Be open to the wider general public for at least 104 days a year without any limit or unreasonable restrictions of use.
- Have a total cost of under £250,000, including VAT and professional costs.
- Have already secured at least 20% of the total cost.
- Have secured all permissions (eg, planning).
- Be completed within 12 months.
Constituted not-for-profit organisations can apply as long as their project is located within five miles of a Veolia Environmental Services facility. This could be a landfill site, Energy Recovery Facility or Materials Recycling Facility.
There is no deadline for starting the process of applying for a grant; however, each funding application phase for both Stage 1 and Stage 2 is made available quarterly following the end of the previous phase.
The next phases for Stage 1 applications are:
- Between 1 June 2018 and 30 August 2018 for projects taking place between 7 January 2019 and 25 March 2019.
- Between 31 August 2018 and 10 January 2019 for projects taking place between 26 March 2019 and 18 June 2010.
The link is: http://www.veoliatrust.org/funding/