Dementia Friendly Communities, Ashfield District Council and Dementia Action Alliance (DAA) are looking to create a more dementia friendly community for residents by asking local businesses to register as a Dementia Friendly business.
To register an interest in becoming a Dementia Friendly business or seek further information please contact Dianne Holmes our Health and Wellbeing Officer on d.c.holmes@Ashfield.gov.uk or 01623 457233
How will this benefit your business?
- Your employees will be more aware of dementia and how small changes can make a big difference, creating improved levels of customer service and more return visits from customers
- Potential new or increased custom from those who feel unable to access the local community
- Positive promotion of your business to local residents recognising great customer service
- It’s a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference in your local community
It's really simple to be involved...
- Nominate a member of staff to act as a Dementia Friend
- Join with other interested businesses on a Dementia Friends awareness session or even easier, sign up and view the dementia friends video available at www.dementiafriends.org.uk
- That’s it! Once this has been achieved your business will be recognised as ‘working towards a dementia friendly community’. You’ll be awarded a Dementia Friendly sticker to show how you are supporting the local community, providing a great place to visit because you recognise your customer’s needs
- The best bit is – it’s FREE!