Services during the pandemic
ⓘ Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 restrictions many groups at the Children’s Centres are currently suspended. As soon as we can fully re-open we’ll post our timetables on our Facebook pages and update this website
Our priority is to keep everyone safe and offer support to families, over the phone, online, or in person where needed.
- Many of our Children’s Centres are open, on an appointment only basis, and our teams are still working with families who need support.
- If you come to a Centre, please wear a face covering, wash your hands, sign in, and keep to social distancing rules. If you feel unwell, please do not come.
- 1:1 family support, breastfeeding support, support with new babies, Forest Schools and PHEW wellbeing sessions, baby massage and sleep clinics are running.
- Healthy Start Vitamins are available to collect and the FOOD Clubs are open, all by appointment only.
- Baby Self Weigh is available by appointment.
- BABES Groups and lots of other activities, including play and early learning activities are available online.
- From 17 May BABES Groups, Weaning Groups and some parenting courses will start to be available face to face.
- From 21 June the Children’s Centre Service will be restarting Under Ones sessions and Stay and Play groups at our main sites, with enhanced cleaning in place for the buildings, toys and equipment. Numbers attending groups will be limited, so places will need to be pre-booked 2 days before the session.
Click on the links below to download the latest virtual timetable offer for the Children's Centre Service districts:
More About Children's Centre Services
Children's Centres have a range of services for families with children aged 0-5 years old who live in Nottinghamshire. Some of these are at our purpose built centres, but many take place in community venues, parks and in the home.
Children's Centre staff have expertise in family support, developing parenting skills, promoting health and wellbeing, early years development, community development, communication and language and supporting adults back to work. Children's Centres work with partner agencies to ensure they support families in whatever area they need.
Each Children's Centre group has its own programme of weekly activities, home visiting schemes and other services which vary according to the needs of their local area. To find out more about children's centres and the support they can offer you in your local area please click on the following link: Children's Centre Services