Eynesbury House is a residential care home and supported living service designed to meet the challenging needs of adults with Asperger syndrome and High Functioning Autism. Located in a the market town of St Neots, residents are supported to access the local shops, community facilities such as leisure centres, restaurants, swimming pools etc.
Residents have the option to enrol on to the local mainstream and special needs education courses such as Computer Programming, English Literature, Art & Design, Basic Skills. Residents are encouraged to engage with Employment Training provided by Prospects and Connextions to develop the skills for gainful employment.
Brookdale Cares Multi Disciplinary Team provides therapeutic intervention to every resident within our care. This includes a care, treatment and management plan that is devised to provide a holistic framework for the care of the individual.
Residents are supported to develop:
- Independent Living Skills
- Social Awareness Skills
- Coping Strategies to reduce anxiety
- Communication skills ability to read body language, facial expressions
- Employment and Education Skills
These skills enable individuals to move onto supported and independent living in the community.
Every resident will:
- Have a primary diagnosis of Asperger syndrome or High Functioning Autism.
- Aged 18 65 (existing residents are aged 18 30)
- May have a secondary diagnosis of Mental Health or Learning Disability
- May exhibit Challenging Behaviour or have a Forensic History
The Referral Team can be contacted on 01707 646 646 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome enquiries from Families and Support Groups but can only accept Assessment Requests from a care professional responsible for the individuals care.
The service is staffed 24/7.
** This service has considerable expertise in actively supporting or including people with Aspergers Syndrome.