We provide information and support for LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans) people and have done this since 1975.
Our service operates by phone, text, e-mail, letter or Instant Messaging
The information we provide is free and includes the following areas:
- Social groups: groups relating to various sports; book groups; writers' groups; walking groups; LGBT history; youth groups; Religious groups, Trans groups; women's groups; general social groups
- Commercial social venues: pubs, clubs, health clubs/saunas
- Legal issues - "sympathetic" solicitors
- Signposting to local sexual health services, counselling
We are also here for those who just need someone to talk to - about issues such as coming to terms with your sexuality, "coming out" etc
Our other services include:
- Producing QB, a free bimonthly newsletter. This can be downloaded from our website.
- We are involved in liaison and consultation with several organisations: Nottingham City Council, Nottingham City Division Police, Bassetlaw LGBT Forum, Nottinghamshire Hate Crime Steering Group
- We have a presence at Nottinghamshire Pride Festival, Worksop Pride and other community events
- We can provide training for other organisations on LGBT issues such as the concerns of younger or older LGBT people, LGBT hate crime, Same sex domestic abuse and how to make your organisation LGBT friendly
- As an all-volunteer organisation, we provide volunteering opportunities