Age UK Connect is a short-term service with a focus on helping people find solutions to enable them to remain safe and well at home. We offer information, advice, signposting and practical support around:
- physical and mental health
- care needs
- social interaction
- engagement with community
Who is this service for?
People living in the districts of Mansfield, Ashfield or Newark & Sherwood who feel they have deteriorating independence or health through age, mobility, disability, health conditions or bereavement. Please note that this service is not just for older people.
How is this service delivered?
This service is delivered in person via home visits or by telephone. Support is for up to an average of 3 months.
What support can Age UK Connect offer?
We can help you access:
- Advice and information
- Gardeners, cleaners and handyperson services
- Home adaptations and aids
- Social activities, clubs and groups
- Support groups, advocacy and talking therapy
- Welfare benefits
- Financial advice
- Available transport
- Exercise and falls classes
- Help to manage long term conditions, including dementia
- Carer support
- Housing and care options
- And much more