Provides services and information to the public in Bassetlaw, North Nottinghamshire. Services we provide include planning, building control, refuse collection, housing, homelessness, parks and open spaces, licensing, council tax, benefits and environmental health. Offices are located at Retford, Worksop and Carlton Forest House.
Homelessness in Bassetlaw:
The Government introduced new legislation in April 2018 which changed the way Councils have to deal with homeless households. The Homeless Reduction Act amended existing homelessness law in 5 key ways:
- Improving the advice and information available about homelessness and the prevention of homelessness
- Extending the period ‘threatened with homelessness’ from 28 days to 56 days
- Introducing new duties to prevent and relieve homelessness for all eligible people, regardless of priority need, intentionality and local connection
- Introducing assessments and personalised housing plans
- Encouraging public bodies to work together to prevent and relieve homelessness through a duty to refer