I use a person-centred holistic approach to support individuals to return to meaningful everyday activities to improve wellbeing. These might include work roles, leisure and social pursuits, household tasks and personal care routines.
Using health coaching skills and 15 years of experience working as an Occupational Therapist with people with chronic health conditions, I aim to empower individuals to improve their quality of life.
My support could include:
- Practical advice on modifying activities to make them easier
- Personalised goal setting to make steady progress
- Recommendations for aids and minor adaptations
- Support to stay in employment or to return to work
- Fatigue and pain management strategies
- Advice for a better night's sleep
- Stress management techniques
- Confidence building for positive change
- Splinting advice for weak or painful hands/wrists