We are a volunteer group of people willing to be good neighbours in various ways in the East Bridgford area and surrounding villages.
We offer help with transport (mainly for medical reasons when alternative help is not available), collecting pensions or prescriptions, befriending and providing respite help to carers who may need a break from time to time.
East Bridgford Care can arrange transport for residents of East Bridgford and Kneeton and the few surrounding villages for medical reasons (e.g. to the surgery, dentist, chiropodists, opticians or hospital appointments, etc.) where such help is not already provided by ambulance or hospital taxi and where other forms of transport are not available or possible.
Transport can also be provided for people wishing to visit friends or relatives in hospital or nursing homes. The volunteer driver charges at 45p per mile, but there are fixed charges for some journeys:
- QMC Hospital — £10.00 single
- City Hospital — £10.00 single
- Lyngs Bar — £9.00 return
- Newark Hospital — £10.00 return
- Park House, Carlton — £12.00 return
- Ropewalk — £12.00 return
- Flintham, Aslockton, Elton, Radcliffe, Sibthorpe, Syerston, Thoroton, Whatton - £5 single return, £7.50 double return
- Bingham, Shelford, Hawksworth, Lowdham, Scarrington, Screveton, - £3.00 single return, £4.50 double return
- Elston, Orston, Shelton £6 single return, £9 double return
- Car Colston, Gunthorpe, Newton - £2 single, £3 double return
- Southwell £8 single, £12 double return
There is no fixed charge for local journeys within East Bridgford, Newton and Kneeton.
Please try to give at least 24 hours notice for transport. All volunteers carry an identity card with a photograph which you should always ask to see.
For more information on all services or to book transport please contact the co-ordinator, Mrs Alison Powell, on 07976 935476.