I am a registered childminder and have been caring for children since October 2010 I received an 'Outstanding' Ofsted rating in October 2015 Please refer to my website www.eccoschildcare.com
Record Last Updated On:
- Contact Name
- Amanda Eccleston
- 01636 525130 01636 525130 07730 686771 07730 686771
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- View on a map
Time, Costs and Availability
- Opening Times
Opening Time Information Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 15.00 18.00 Tuesday 07.30 18.00 Wednesday 07.30 18.00 Thursday 07.30 18.00 Friday 07.30 08.45
- 2 year old funding
- Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
- 30 Hours Partner Details (These are details of any other childcare provider(s) that this provider will work with to offer the 30 hours entitlement)
- I share children with All saints Primary School Elston.
- Age Ranges
- From 3 years to 12 years
- Has wheelchair access
Childcare Information and Additional Needs
- How will you help children to settle into your setting?
- Following an initial phone telephone conversation, families are always invited for a home visit. This often happens during the weekend but evening sessions during the week can be arranged if required. Settling in sessions will be discussed at this point depending on the child's age and needs.I always work really closely with families to get this right so that new children have a smooth transition to Ecco's Childcare.
- How will you communicate with parents/carers about their child's progress?
- I am always available to talk to face to face during drop off and collection but can make arrangements to talk to parents at a specific time if required. I tend to look after school aged children currently but when caring for younger children, I keep a Learning Journal and write a 2/3 reports a year sharing progress and next steps. I always involve parents in this process. I use Whats App to share photographs on a daily basis and for days out.
Special Additional Needs
- Do you have experience of working with children with Special Education Needs
- Speech and language difficulties
- Communication and interaction needs
- Social, emotional and mental health needs
- Details of SEND experience and training
- All children are unique and individual. they develop at different rates, achieving developmental milestones at different stages, I work at their pace whatever stage they are at and work closely with parents and other professionals to plan the next steps. I worked for three years as a Specialist teacher for the early years Schools and families Specialist Services before childminding.
- Is your setting accessible for children with physical disabilities?
- How do you meet different dietary requirements?
- I provide healthy, home-cooked, nutritious meals. Dietary requirements are discussed with parents prior to attendance. Parents are asked to provide any specialist food.
Computer Child Use
Visits & Outings
Does offer school pickups
- All Saints Anglican/Methodist Primary (Elston/Newark)
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
Inspection History Date type Outcome 14/07/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 12/10/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 07/04/2022 Inspection (Early Years Register) Met