Skip to main content

Adults Countywide Occupational Therapy (OT) Service

Occupational therapy looks for solutions to the practical difficulties you are having at home.

Depending on your needs the Occupational Therapist can supply equipment (on long term loan) to help you stay living in your own home. For example: specialised shower seats, chair raise, toilet equipment.

Adaptations and alterations to your home may help you manage essential daily activities more easily. For example: stair rails, grab rails, stair lifts.

You may be expected to pay something towards to cost of major adaptations.


Who to contact

0300 500 8080
Minicom 01623 869598
Occupational Therapy

Other Details


If we offer you a piece of equipment but you prefer a more expensive version (that still meets the same needs) we might be able to help towards the cost. We may offer you an amount of money equivalent to the cost of equipment that we offer. This is called a direct payment. You can add your own money to this and buy the more expensive version. Contact us for full information about direct payments for equipment.


Referral required

Local Offer Localoffer flash icon


You can get help from Nottinghamshire County Council if you:

 - live in Nottinghamshire (except Nottingham City)

 - have a permanent and substantial disability

 - have considerable difficulty with everyday tasks

You can also get help if you are having difficulty caring for someone with a disability.

You may also get occupational therapy as part of a wider package of short-term personal support.

If you think occupational therapy might help you contact us and tell us about your needs.

Sign in to write a review

Record Last Updated On: 12/08/2019

Find Us on Facebook

Facebook is monitored during office hours Monday - Friday, however if your enquiry is serious, urgent or involves personal details, we advise you to contact the team on 0300 500 80 80 or email:

Follow Us @NottsCC


Back to top Powered by Idox © 2020