Half day course.
This package includes:
- Developing an understanding of the normal mechanisms of chewing and swallowing.
- Identifying eating and drinking difficulties.
- Identifying risks associated with having an eating and/or drinking difficulty.
- Discussing factors that affect swallowing.
- How to make mealtimes safer and more enjoyable.
What is involved:
- Attendance at a full day session.
- The opportunity to discuss practical applications in your workplace.
This is for you if:
- You actively and regularly help service users with their eating and drinking.
- You would like to increase confidence in recognising when somebody has a difficulty with their eating and drinking.
- You would like to know how to reduce risk in relation to eating and drinking making mealtimes safer and more enjoyable.
- You want practical advice and help in relation to assisting others with their eating and drinking.