Tiny Talkers Day Nursery
Tiny Talkers is a small, friendly day care provider, offering the highest possible standards of care and education within a fun, stimulating and homely environment.
At Tiny Talkers we believe that all children are unique and follow a ‘Reggio Emilia Approach’ to children, families, and learning. We recognise children’s individual interests and developmental stages and build on these to plan and provide activities to develop their confidence, creativity, and independence.
Our wonderful staff have qualifications from PGCE to level 2. All staff on or below level 2 are working towards level 3.
We have a Millies Mark award. This means that all staff are paediatric first aid trained which is reviewed each year and updated every 3 years. Millies Mark is an exceptional achievement for a childcare setting as it shows we are going above and beyond minimum requirements in keeping children safe.
We have a low staff turn over and staff have been with me for many years as stated on our website.
Our day starts at 7.30am. Children begin their day with breakfast then choose where they would like to play. As we are a Reggio inspired nursery, children take the lead in their learning and our skilled Reggio practitioners facilitate their learning both indoors and outdoors. Our resources are very open-ended and enable children to use their imagination, expand their language and learn in many ways that traditional plastic toys restrict.
We have a fabulous outdoor area which is accessed in all weathers. Children can choose to play indoors or outdoors, and all age groups mix so no room is restricted to a time slot. We encourage siblings to get together when they want to both indoors and outdoors. We also use our wider environment and library as well as taking trips out to the farm, castle and much more.
We are responsible for the maintenance of a portion of canal in partnership with the riverside trust. Children love to spend time by the canal and have helped keep the pathways clear as well as watching duck eggs hatch.
Our meals are all freshly prepared on site by our amazing cook and all allergies and preferences are catered for. Whilst at nursery children get breakfast, snack, dinner, snack, and tea.
To find out more about our nursery, staffing, ethos and see our photos then visit our website at http://tinytalkersdaynursery.co.uk/ or look for our Facebook page by searching Tiny Talkers Day Nursery
Record Last Updated On:
- Contact Name
- Chantelle Clarke
- Contact Position
- Nursery Manager
- 0115 9814195 0115 9814195
- Tiny Talkers Day Nursery
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- Tiny Talkers Day Nursery
9, Musters Road
- NG2 7PP
- View on a map
Ruddington connection bus route.
There is parking available outside the nursery.
Time, Costs and Availability
- Opening Times
Opening Time Information Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 7.30am 6.00pm
Table of Costs Amount Cost Type £58.00 Per Day £36.00 Morning Session £36.00 Afternoon Session £270.00 Per Week £12.00 (from7.30am) Before School £16.00 (3.30-6pm) After School
- We provide before and after school care for children attending West Bridgford Infants School. Drop off £12 and Pick up £16 We accept Childcare Vouchers.
- 2 year old funding
- Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
- Age Ranges
- From 0 years to 8 years
- Has wheelchair access
- Other notes
Bus routes to West Bridgford stop very close to the nursery
Childcare Information and Additional Needs
- How will you help children to settle into your setting?
- All settling in sessions are arranged with the family and are tailored to the child's and families needs. The sessions start with short visits with a main carer and then lengthen out with the carer leaving their child for short periods of time and then longer as the child settles. Information about the child is gathered such as any routines they may have, food preferences and/or allergies, comforters, significant events, family make up (siblings etc) and other information that the parent wishes to give to enable the child to settle.
- How will you communicate with parents/carers about their child's progress?
- Daily feedback to parent/carer is given at pick up - information on the day, activities and any significant progress that has been made. Every 4 weeks the parents are emailed information on the skills and learning that is planned for in the rooms. This gives an insight to what children will be learning and general focus for the next few weeks. A parents morning takes place each term to share more in-depth information about progress and next steps. Room displays, Facebook and Instagram all show ongoing activities.
Special Additional Needs
- Do you have experience of working with children with Special Education Needs
- Deaf/Hearing impairment
- Global developmental delay
- Speech and language difficulties
- Visual impairment
- Communication and interaction needs
- Sensory impairment
- Social, emotional and mental health needs
- Learning Difficulties
- Physical disabilities
- Details of SEND experience and training
- Through gaining as much information as possible from parents/cares before their child starts with us, we are able to get an idea of what the children can do, enjoy doing and are interested in. From observing children whilst at nursery we can then provide activities based around the children's individual needs and interests that link in with small and achievable goals that get regularly reviewed and shared with parents and carers.
Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO) contact details
- Contact Name
- Chantelle Clarke
- How do you meet different dietary requirements?
- We have an in-house chef who will cook alternatives to cater for children's dietary needs and preferences.
Computer Child Use
Visits & Outings
Does offer school pickups
- West Bridgford Infant School
- We are open from 7.30 and provide breakfast followed by activities that are suitable for the different ages of children that attend, we then have a walking bus to West bridgford Infants school. On pick up we collect from the school playground and walk back to the nursery where there is a room set up with different activities, a small tea is provided and after that there is chance for any homework help if needed. There is a garden area where they can play out in or take part in a craft activity, construction or games. For those who have had a busy day at school there are cosy areas where the children can look at a book or do a quieter activity. Drop off £12 and Pick up £16
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
Inspection History Date type Outcome 22/07/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 18/07/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good