Forces Friends is an award-winning visiting service providing support to lonely, isolated military veterans and their dependents aged 60 and over.
What is Forces Friends?
Forces Friends is a partnership between Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire and the Royal British Legion. We offer a trained volunteer visiting service providing support for isolated and lonely military veterans and their dependents aged 60 and over. We aim to provide short term support to enable older veterans and their dependents to reconnect with social networks and help overcome the problems of loneliness.
What do we offer?
- Support from a trained volunteer, mainly from a forces or Royal British Legion background
- One-to-one home visits to provide companionship and social support
- Trips into the wider community if desired
What extra support do we offer?
Help to access other services through Age UK Notts and other military welfare charities such as SSAFA and the Royal British Legion.
Which area does the service cover?
- City and County
How is this service delivered?
- Designated matched volunteer
- One-to-one home visits
- Trips out if desired
Where is this service delivered?
- In the comfort of your home
- In the wider community if desired
How much does the service cost?
- Nothing. This service is provided completely free of charge.