This service provides temporary supported accommodation for young people from the ages of 16 to 21, primarily from Mansfield and Ashfield, which supports young people's transitions to adulthood and independence.
Transitions North aims to improve the life chances, life changes and life choices of young people in Nottinghamshire by providing a range of support services most appropriate to their needs and circumstances.
The service provides 91 units of supported accommodation, and 3 units of emergency accommodation. There are two core facilities, one in Mansfield and one in Sutton in Ashfield which have staff on site 24 hours a day. The other 53 units are dispersed across Mansfield and Ashfield.
What does Transitions do?
We aim to:
- Prevent homelessness
- Maximise independence
- Enable young people to achieve their potential
- Empower and support young people on their journey to independent living
- Put young people at the centre, fully involving them in their support and the development of the service
- Deliver effective and excellent quality services to meet the young peoples' needs using a multi-discliplinary approach.
Contact and referral
Referrals to the service:
- Social Workers need to create a A1 episode on the social care Mosaic IT system
- Other agencies need to email a A1 Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org and can contact the Supported Accommodation team.
- Parents or Young People can self refer by contacting the Early Help service on 01623 433500 (please note this will not automatically result in a referral to our service as the Early Help team will seek to support the family to enable the young person to remain in the family home initially).