Metropolitan Connect has now merged with Thames Valley and operates under the name Metropolitan Thames Valley.
Metropolitan Thames Valley provides free practical advice, connections to services and short term support (up to 3 months) to enable adults living in Broxtowe, Gedling and Rushcliffe to maintain their independence. We can provide support in a range of areas:
- Improved physical, emotional or mental health and wellbeing - keeping active, rediscovering skills and interests, exercise groups, preventing falls, finding carers, help to manage long term health conditions including dementia
- Maintaining independence - support to find local services, opportunities and resources to help improve self confidence and give people more control
- Managing money - support to budget effectively and manage income and expenditure
- A safe and secure home - advice and support on anything from repairs and gardening to home security; aids and adaptations to looking at the options for moving home
- Getting involved in the local community - support to find local activities, clubs, groups and leisure facilities
- Befriending and social activities - getting in touch with old freinds and meeting new ones
Anyone can contact the service on behalf of themselves or for someone else.
We also offer vounteering opportunities so please contact us if you're interested.