Kooth.com is a safe, confidential and non-stigmatised way for children and young people to receive free counselling, advice and support on-line. Staffed by fully trained and qualified counsellors and available Monday to Friday from 12 noon until 10pm each night, and weekends from 6pm to 10pm, 365 days per year, it provides a much needed confidential and instant access service for young people aged 11-25.
- A chat function for young people to drop in to speak to a readily available counsellor
- A messaging function for young people to contact the service
- A schedule function to provide booked sessions with a named counsellor on a regular basis
- A range of forums, all of which are pre-moderated, to offer facilitated peer support for children and young people.
- Live discussion groups, run by professionals, to enable groups of children and young people to interact with each other in a safe environment
- An online magazine which includes opportunities for children and young people to submit their stories or write articles
- Information, activities and self-care tools and resources on the site for children and young people to download.
The service is available to all children and young people aged 11-25 who live in the Nottinghamshire County and Bassetlaw area.
Children and young people can self-refer to this service by completing a very simple registration form. Alternatively speak to a health professional, teacher or trusted adult who will be able to refer on your behalf.