Weekly 11-16 LGBT+ Group
We offer confidential one-to-one and group support providing specialist services to young people on a weekly basis.
This service provides a safe and non-judgmental place where young LGBT+ people can be themselves, meet new friends, take part in activities and access specialist support, from trained and professionally qualified staff, on a range of issues including:
- Emotional and social support
- Coming out
- Sexual health advice
- Tackling discrimination and hate crime reporting
- Information on LGBT rights and legislation
- Accessing LGBT+ health services
- Support with issues in school and college
- One-to-one counselling or family mediation.
Referrals to all services can be made by professionals working with young people or families of young people by using the Agency Referral Form http://www.centreplace.org.uk/lgbtproref.htm . Self-referrals can be made by young people aged over 13, using the form http://www.centreplace.org.uk/lgbtreferral.htm