Home Talk - talking support for 2 year olds
If your child is between 2-2.5 years and may benefit from some support with their talking, they may meet the criteria for Home Talk.
A Home Talk worker can offer fun home visits for children and their grown ups to share ideas about talking together.
What is Home Talk?
- Play activities to support your child’s talking
- 6 visits from your friendly Home Talk worker
- Each visit lasts an hour
- Experienced qualified worker will work with you as you are the best people to help your children to develop good listening and talking skills
Benefits of Home Talk
- You and your child can have fun together
- A day and time to suit you
- Same worker will visit each time
- You can ask questions and discuss any concerns you may have
Visits may include
- Playing together
- Looking at books
- Making play dough
Contact your local Children’s Centre for more information
Record Last Updated On:
- 0300 500 80 80 0300 500 80 80
- Notts Help Yourself Children's Centres page
- Scan to visit this website
Additional Local Offer Information
Nottinghamshire professionals work together to provide a joined-up and consistent approach to supporting the development of children's speech, language and communication skills. They recognise the paramount importance of ensuring all children experience language-rich envoronments with lots of opportunities to communicate in all aspects of their lives. This is so children achieve the language they need to do well at school, make friends and contribute positively to their communities.
Nottinghamshire Healthcare Speech and Language Therapists provide training and support for parents, families and professionals to achieve this, as well as working with others to support early identification of children in need of some extra help to achieve their potential in their speech, language and communication skills.
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Early Years (0-4 years)