This area provides information and advice on looking for work and help to do this.
Volunteering can be a great way to gain experience and get yourself into/back into work. It can help you to add skills to your CV as well as improving your own well-being.
Listen to Emily, one of the Children’s Centre Service Breastfeeding Peer Support Volunteers, talking about what volunteering means to her.
Working in Childcare:
There are lots of great opportunities to work in early learning and childcare.
For more information go to the Working in Childcare page, also take a look at our leaflet:
Take a look at these men who are really enjoying working in jobs more usually done by women.
What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is a nationally recognised training programme combining work with learning and training, both on and off the job. It offers an individual the opportunity to work towards an approved Apprenticeship Standard whilst gaining valuable paid work experience.
Apprenticeships are now open to anybody over the age of 16 and are available from entry level (Level 2) all the way through to Higher Apprenticeships at degree (Level 6) and Masters (level 7) qualifications.
A wide variety of people can benefit from an Apprenticeship, whether it’s a first job or an opportunity to advance in your career. Maybe you are looking for a career change or you want to re-skill after a career break, an Apprenticeship may be the right choice for you.
An Apprenticeship is:
- A genuine job with an accompanying skills development programme
- Substantial and sustained training, lasting a minimum of 12 months and involving at least 20% off-the-job training
- It develops transferable skills, and English and maths, to progress careers
- It leads to full competency and capability in an occupation, demonstrated by the achievement of an apprenticeship standard
- It trains the apprentice to the level required to apply for professional recognition where this exists
If you are a business looking to grow your business through funding, apprenticeships etc then visit our Provider Corner