Relationships Really Matter: 1. What's This All About?
Disagreement between parents can happen whether you are together, separated or divorced, but how we manage arguments is important, allowing tensions to be dealt with and for the relationship to move on. It’s really important for children to see their parents are able to come to agreement in a positive way.
The relationships our children see between the people they love affects their happiness and wellbeing. It is crucial to show your child that the adults they love can manage their arguments and relationship in a healthy way.
We all know that tension can happen for different reasons between parents, such as having a new baby, illness, losing your job, money worries, death of someone close or separating. When arguments aren’t managed in a healthy way the tension can affect both the adults and children.
This short video shows you why working to sort out issues in a positive way is better for everyone.
Certain negative communication styles are so lethal to a relationship that Dr. John Gottman calls them the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. They predict relationship failure with over 90% accuracy if the behaviour has not changed. So, what can you do? Practice the four research-based antidotes describe in the video to save your relationship from certain destruction.
- Relationships Really Matter:
- Relationships Really Matter: 2. Things to Do
- Relationships Really Matter: 3. How To Parent Together When Separating and Apart
- Relationships Really Matter: 4. Useful Video Clips
- Relationships Really Matter: 5. What Help Can I Get Locally?
- Relationships Really Matter: 6. More Information and Support
- Relationships Really Matter: 7. Is this the same as Domestic Abuse?
- Relationships Really Matter: 8. Information For Practitioners