A parent/carer, a young person in their own right, or any professional working with a child, young person or family can make a referral for an EHC Statutory Assessment, however it is usually expected that the following will apply:
- The child or young person has severe and/or complex long term needs that affect everyday life and functioning
- The child/ young person requires provision and resources that are not normally available
- Intensive help and support is required from more than one agency
- There is evidence of a graduated response from the school and other agencies involved in supporting the child/ young person
- Despite high levels of support, the child/ young person is making limited or no progress.
If all other levels of support have been accessed by partners but the child/young person’s education is still being affected, then a referral for a statutory EHC Assessment can be made by contacting:
Integrated Children's Disability Service Assessment Team
Tel: 0115 8041275
NCC accessible standard information:
Telephone: 0300 500 80 80
CSC minicom: 01623 434993
We are open Monday - Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm and Saturday's 8:00am - 12 noon.